Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Conversation on Previous blog

Anadi: I liked it ya... Similar questions were raised by me ..

Hehe ...

So I agree... :)

Me: that's it!! No controversy, nothing for me...
Anadi: see...I totally agreed...only thing is...this New Year will bring things in a different sense
- New president for US - elections in India -and hell lotta new things
Me: hmmmm
Anadi: so I guess we can call it a 'new year', if u know what I mean...it's a different year...
Me: Okie....
Anadi: perspectives will change definitely...Delhi is geared up for commonwealth, and will further be repaired.
Me: but TOI's page 1 on 1/1/2007 and 1/1/2008 remained the same... so yeah it did change and it didn't...
Anadi: ha-ha...TOI is a bad example to quote...we all know that :)
Me: but the sales fig support it...and they make money... so majority will be on their side....Maybe not me or you... but the crowd...J (there should be some option for devils smile..)
Anadi: hehe..yea .. but u c.. the readership for TOI is only English readers which is less as compared to Hindi newspapers and the best thing is the ppl who read TOI have always celebrated new yr with pomp and show..
me: ah that's also there,,, vernacular press is no less.. and seeing the rich even the poor start imitating and thus the style and pomp goes down the chain of society,.... so it will take a generation or maybe few generations people at the bottom of the pyramid will also celebrate it...
Anadi: that is there too... and you know people have actually started doing it... yest a girl came and gave me some sweets to celebrate new yr.. and I really wonder what difference it makes in her life
Me: that's my point...
Anadi: but it is the market which promotes it...don't u think, the companies which manufacture cards, gifts, cakes and sweets.
Me: it does... the one thing capitalism demands is consumption...
Anadi: they need this market to remain in order to make profits. Ah...this is one problem which doesn't boil down to population...it boils down to money
me: hahaha... see its always about the money... some one dies, some is happy, some one is sick in all the case some one will make money.... in times of happiness people don't count so how do you create happiness... by bringing in the days, small, big celebrations etc...
Anadi: true

No comments:

Post a Comment